MIB-626: The Key to Anti-Aging?
In this blog, we will look at MIB-626. You will learn:
- What MIB-626 is
- How MIB-626 is being tested to combat aging
Do you know what MIB-626 is and how it can help slow aging? If you want to know more about this cutting-edge health technology and how to best optimize your health, then this blog is for you. Please read on for answers!
** Please note: If you want the longer, more scientific version of this article, then please click here **
What is MIB-626?
MIB-626 is a nutraceutical being developed and tested by the pharmaceutical firm, Metro International Biotech. It raises NAD+ levels (Pencina K, 2022). This is important because declining NAD+ levels are linked to aging. Lower NAD+ as people get older leads to cell dysfunction, inflammation, DNA damage and a variety of associated diseases.
To combat aging, Metro Biotech and Harvard Medical School are working together to produce MIB-626. MIB-626 is a pharmaceutical-grade form of Nicotinamide Mononucleotide or NMN. NMN is a NAD+ pre-cursor. It increases NAD+ levels in the body and combats aging and associated issues. For a full understanding of NMN, please read our blog on NMN here.
MIB-626 can increase NMN levels in the bloodstream and NAD levels in the body (Pencina K, 2022).
A Quick Recap on NAD+ & NMN
NAD+ levels decline as we get older. Lower NAD+ is related to aging and the onset of illness. People can develop age-related metabolic, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases. By increasing NAD+, we can repair and rejuvenate the body, enhance physical and mental performance, extend longevity and improve health. At the cellular level, higher NAD+ improves cellular function and repairs and protects DNA.
By taking NMN, we can increase NAD+ levels in the body. MIB-626, which is NMN in a different form, has the same NAD+- increasing and anti-aging effects as NMN and NAD+ do.
To Read About Blog Topic, Scroll Down
Want To Work With Our Clinic?
Do you have a chronic or mystery illness that no one has been able to help you with? Are you simply wanting to re-connect with a healthier version of yourself? It’s Time To Finally Feel Better!
Potential Uses of MIB-626
Metro Biotech is testing MIB-626 on specific diseases (Philippidis, 2021). The results are expected to be available later in 2022.
The benefits or uses of MIB-626 include:
- MIB-626 is a very stable form of NMN, used as a NAD+ pre-cursor to raise NAD+ levels.
- Its effects are anti-aging. The US Military is trialling MIB as an anti-aging pill (Philippidis, 2021).
- MIB-626 has immunomodulatory and anti- inflammatory properties.
- MIB is being tested for the treatment of various diseases, including Alzheimer’s Disease (Weiss, 2021).
The Research So Far
MIB-626 is very new and is currently undergoing clinical trials on humans. There is not a lot of research out yet. The one published study that has been done indicates that MIB-626 definitely increases NMN and NAD+ (Pencina K, 2022).
In a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study, thus the gold standard in research, researchers looked at how MIB-626 affects NMN and NAD levels in participants. Blood NMN concentrations significantly increased in people given MIB-626 compared to the placebo group (Pencina K, 2022). The increase was by 1.7-times and 3.7-times depending on the dose of MIB-626 given (Pencina K, 2022). MIB-626 is clearly associated with an increase in blood NAD levels (Pencina K, 2022).
This is an encouraging first step. However, it was a 14-day study done on 32 participants (Pencina K, 2022). That is a very small sample size done for a very short time. More research is ongoing and results from broader studies will be interesting to see and will indicate the true potential of MIB-626.
NMN itself cannot be patented. Pharma companies are looking at how to slightly modify the NMN molecule so they can patent it. Metro Biotech says that MIB-626 will perform better than NMN. We cannot currently check the validity of this statement until full research and comparisons of MIB-626 and NMN are published.
Metro Biotech is working with the US Army to test MIB-626. The goal for the Army is to enhance the health of its forces by improving performance factors that decline with age (Philippidis, 2021). By slowing aging and shortening injury time through higher NAD+ levels, overall troop performance will be improved (Weiss, 2021).
Metrotech is hoping to develop MIB-626 as a nutraceutical pill that can be used by both civilians and the military, to improve performance, increase endurance, speed up recovery from injury and help people live longer and healthier lives.
It’s not out yet, but when it is, will you be ready to try MIB-626?
** Please stay tuned for our next Blog! **
As always, please get in touch with us. In our clinic, we have expertise in faster recovery, optimizing health and anti-aging strategies, as well as diagnosing and treating a range of complicated, difficult-to-diagnose conditions.
We can work on any issue(s) and improve your health. Book a free health evaluation call with us today, to see how we can help you with your concerns. We can answer your questions and help you book an initial consult with one of the functional medicine doctors in our clinic.
- Novos. (2022). MIB-626, A Novel Better NMN Variant? Retrieved from Novos Labs: https://novoslabs.com/mib-626-a-novel-better-nmn-variant/
- Pencina K, L. S. (2022). MIB-626, an Oral Formulation of a Microcrystalline Unique Polymorph of β-Nicotinamide Mononucleotide, Increases Circulating Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide and its Metabolome in Middle-aged and Older Adults. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci.
- Philippidis, A. (2021). U.S. Special Operations Command to Test Anti-Aging Pill. Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology News. Retrieved from https://www.genengnews.com/: https://www.genengnews.com/news/u-s-special-operations-command-to-test-anti-aging-pill/
- Weiss, B. J. (2021). US Special Forces to Test Anti-Aging Pill Based on NAD+. NMN.com.
Are You Suffering From A Chronic Illness?
Does your current health situation look like this…
- Do you feel that you have tried many things and either nothing works, or the treatment does not hold?
- Have you been told that there is nothing that can be done to reverse your illness and you just need to manage symptoms?
- Does your illness impact your work, your family, your happiness and your social life?
We specialize in finding answers and solutions for complicated chronic illness when people feel like they have tried everything. If this sounds like you, book a free call with us to see if we are the right fit for your health goals.