Want to know if our clinical approach Hormonal Imbalance is right for you?
Your Telemedicine Functional Medicine Experts
*Offering In Person Sessions Too!
Facts About Hormone Imbalance
Hormone imbalance may be caused by:
New scientific research shows that the flora in your gut (microbiome) plays a crucial role in hormone regulation and regulating inflammation that is at the root of so many chronic illnesses.
Hormone imbalance can also be caused by:
At Medicine With Heart Clinic, we help our clients get to the root causes and reverse hormonal issues.
For PCOS specific information see our PCOS page: HERE
A Clinical Team That Cares
We want to make sure you really understand this information. For example, below you will see that liver problems can be a root cause of hormone imbalance.
What this means is that a problem in the liver system can lead to a imbalance in your hormonal system. This is why if we simply just give hormones such as giving birth control, you will need to remain on the birth control pretty permanently or your symptoms are likely going to come back.
If the problem is stemming from the liver or any of the other root cause areas listed below and we do not fix the root cause, then we will need to always supplement with external hormones. When we do advanced lab testing to figure out the true cause and fix that, we can avoid life long hormonal replacement therapy because understand and fix the root.
If you would like more information about seeing getting to the root cause and repairing your hormonal issues with our clinical team, you can sign up for a free 15 minute discovery call with a team member below. Please enjoy the rest of this page to learn about some body and mind root influences as well as details about problems with synthetic hormones below.
Body and Mind Root Cause Influences
Some issues associated with standard hormonal imbalances may include:
- Estrogen Dominance: disrupted sleep patterns, weight and appetite fluctuations, increased stress and anxiety, and slowed metabolism
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS): infertility, weight gain, acne, abnormal hair growth
- Low Estrogen: decreased libido, reproductive issues, loss of menstrual regularity, mood changes
- Hypothyroidism: slowed metabolism and fatigue, weight gain, anxiety, irritability, digestive problems, irregular menstrual cycles
- Low Testosterone: erectile dysfunction, loss of muscle mass, weight gain, fatigue and mood issues
- Grave’s Disease: anxiety, hair loss, weight loss, IBS or digestive issues, irregular sleep and heartbeats
- Diabetes: weight gain, neuropathy, vision loss, fatigue, trouble breathing, dry mouth, skin issues
- Overworked Adrenals: muscle aches, fatigue, anxiety and depression, trouble sleeping, brain fog, reproductive challenges
Synthetic Hormones may cause the following issues:
- Taking prescription drugs oftentimes just masks the symptoms but does nothing to remedy the root cause of the imbalance -- which can be poor diet or nutritional deficiencies, gut issues, toxic environmental factors, or genetic tendencies.
- Using prescriptions to mask symptoms is dangerous as it allows the disorder to progress without the patient knowing -- and in many cases can create imbalances in other areas of the body.
- Many medications also have serious side effects -- such as stroke, osteoporosis, anxiety, reproductive problems, cancer and more.
Want to learn more? Since stress is a major root cause of hormonal imbalance, we would love to give
you a free copy of the first chapter of our book Stress Resilience. You can access this at the link below: