Fatigued and Feel Like You Have Tried Everything?
You may be making a mistake by not knowing about DSIP: The Sleep Peptide
DSIP: This Simple Peptide Can Change Fatigue Symptoms For Good! Learn:
- The type of sleep that DSIP promotes and how this can help you with tissue repair, bone growth and immune system support
- How this peptide can help with various types of sleep, so that you can tailor the use of DSIP to specific needs
- Uses of DSIP for symptoms beyond sleep such as high blood pressure, giving you additional treatment options with less side effects than drugs
Are you ALWAYS tired? Do you have problems sleeping? Then meet a peptide called Delta Sleep Inducing Peptide! That’s a bit of a mouthful so we’ll just call it DSIP. Like other peptides, it can provide a novel remedy to health issues. DSIP is especially great for sleep and sleep issues. Please read on for the details!
**Please note: If you want the longer, more detailed version of this article, then please click here**
Your Functional Medicine Health Clinic
To see if our clinic can help you with your health needs, schedule a free call with us below:
At Medicine With Heart, we are the last stop for those with chronic illness that want answers and solutions.
We have recently written many blogs about peptides. To recap, a peptide is a small protein, made up of a chain of amino acids. They can be used therapeutically to help with different health conditions. Click on the links to see our articles on peptide therapy, HGH, CJC 1295/Ipamorelin, BPC 157, PT 141, Ta1, VIP, Thymosin Beta 4, KPV, Trio and SS-31.
Sleep disturbances can be pretty common in today’s world. In our functional medicine clinic (medicinewithheart.com), we often see people who have difficulties with their sleep. We help them to resolve their sleep problems. So we’re happy to present another tool in the toolbox for restoring people back to good sleep quality: DSIP!
DSIP Promotes Sleep
DSIP promotes a particular type of sleep, characterized by a rise in the delta rhythm of an EEG (Pollard BJ, 2001). Brain waves during sleep can be recorded with an EEG test. A delta rhythm is a pattern of slow brain waves usually associated with the deep stage 3 of NREM (non-rapid eye movement) sleep.
NREM sleep is dreamless sleep. It is associated with the brain restoring its supply of ATP (or cellular energy). During the deep stages of NREM sleep, the body repairs tissues, builds bone and muscle and strengthens the immune system. As we age, we sleep more lightly and get less deep sleep.
DSIP’s sleep-enhancing properties have been proven in rabbits, mice, rats, cats and humans (Pollard BJ, 2001).
Found in small amounts in the blood, the concentration of plasma DSIP follows a diurnal or daily pattern and the circadian rhythm of the body (Pollard BJ, 2001). DSIP concentrations are low in the mornings and higher in the afternoons (Friedman TC, 1994). DSIP stimulates melatonin and serotonin synthesis and release in rat pineal glands (Ouichou A, 1992). Melatonin is also closely involved in the circadian rhythm or sleep-wake pattern of the body.
DSIP is not like a night-time sedative drug to be taken before bed. A dose of DSIP given during the day will promote improved sleep on the next night and for several nights thereafter (Friedman TC, 1994).
What does the Research say on DSIP?
Our functional medicine approach is very research-focused. We pride ourselves on following the latest medical research. There is a lot of research out there on insomnia and sleep disturbances. We have gone through it all and are extremely well-equipped to address and treat your sleep issues.
Various studies have looked at DSIP and found somewhat inconsistent results (Pollard BJ, 2001). But what is consistent in the research is that DSIP promotes sleep (Friedman TC, 1994). DSIP increases the ‘pressure to sleep’ in people injected with small doses (Friedman TC, 1994). It has a modulating effect on sleep and wake functions. It works better in situations where sleep is already disturbed. It has less effect on people who are not already experiencing insomnia or sleep disturbances.
Studies on DSIP have Found:
- Chronic insomniacs were given DSIP intravenously experienced longer sleep duration, a higher quality of sleep with fewer interruptions and slightly more REM sleep (Schneider-Helmert D, 1981).
- In another study, DSIP normalized disturbed sleep (Vgontzas AN, 1995). It led to better performance, increased alertness, improved stress tolerance and coping behavior (Sudakov KV, 1995).
- Sleep loss at high altitude can worsen cognition and things like attention, memory and decision making. A daily DSIP injection in rats at high altitude enhanced their sleep, improved cognitive performance and restored spatial memory in rats at simulated high altitude circumstances (Roy K, 2018).
- DSIP also leads to a significant reduction in stress in rats (Khvatova EM, 2003). DSIP is thought to have significant stress protective and antioxidant properties (Khvatova EM, 2003).
Other Benefits of DSIP Include:
Treating and reducing symptoms of alcohol and opioid withdrawal in some cases (Backmund M, 1998).
An antihypertensive (blood pressure-lowering) effect (Pollard BJ, 2001).
An anti-carcinogenic or anti–cancer effect (Popovich IG, 2003).
Anti-aging effects (Popovich IG, 2003).
DSIP may reduce hyperthermia (Pollard BJ, 2001).
DSIP may be beneficial in some chronic pain conditions (Pollard BJ, 2001).
Antioxidant effects (Khvatova EM, 2003).
Does DSIP have any Side Effects?
As DSIP is naturally occurring, side-effects are uncommon (Pollard BJ, 2001). No significant side-effects have been reported with DSIP (Pollard BJ, 2001). In some people, an occasional headache, nausea or vertigo have been reported but these are only temporary. DSIP actually appears to be incredibly safe (Pollard BJ, 2001). In experiments, it has also been safe on animals at any dose administered (Pollard BJ, 2001).
No Time? => No Problem!
Here's the Summary of our Blog on DSIP:
- Peptide theory is a novel and safe approach to health issues
- DSIP is a peptide that promotes sleep in people experiencing insomnia and sleep disturbances
- DSIP works best in people with sleep disturbances, than in those who already sleep well
- DSIP has other health benefits including reducing withdrawal symptoms from alcohol or opiate abuse, anti-hypertensive, anti-cancer and anti-aging effects
- DSIP is safe to take and has no adverse effects
- Insomnia may have many causes including adrenal problems, melatonin imbalances, MSH deficiencies, babesia, mycotoxin illness, nutrient imbalances and more. We will help you get to the root cause of your sleep issues
**Please stay tuned for our next blog on more Peptide Therapy!**
As always, please get in touch with us. If you or someone you know is struggling with sleep disturbances, insomnia or general health issues, contact our clinic today. We can work on any issue(s) and improve your health. Book a free health evaluation call with us today, to see how we can help you with your concerns. We can answer your questions and help you book an initial consult with one of the functional medicine doctors in our clinic.
- Sick of doctors telling you that you are fine and you know you are not?
- Been to doctor after doctor with not much more to offer than drugs to cover up and manage symptoms
- Want to work with experts that find causes of disease when dozens of others have failed?
- At Medicine with Heart, we are experts at finding results and solutions when others have failed.
Book your free health phone evaluation (button below on left) to find out if our clinic is right for you!
If you are a clinician interested in learning from us at our online functional medicine school, click the button on the right for more information.
Dr. Miles Nichols and Dr. Diane Mueller have spoken for the following organizations: