Medicine With Heart
Colorado Functional Medicine Doctor specializing in chronic, complex cases of Lyme, Mold, Gut Health, Autoimmunity, Hormone Imbalance, and more.
Offering in-clinic and virtual appointments.
- Compromised by health problems
- Frustrated by modern medicine?
- Looking to get to the root of symptoms?
- Suffering from chronic disease?
- Looking to improve your quality of life?
ABOUT DR. MILES
Dr. Miles struggled with severe chronic fatigue in his early 20s. He was able to identify and resolve Lyme co-infections, mold illness, thyroid imbalance, a gut infection, and an autoimmune process.
Through research, dedication, and perseverance, he now experiences health that most humans do not even know is possible. The treatment he used for himself, the Medicine with Heart Method, is the same method he uses for helping his clients.
The human body has an amazing ability to heal. When we find the root cause, use appropriate treatment strategies, and support the mind to persevere difficult circumstances, anything is possible.
We specialize in reversing complex chronic illness, and also in helping individuals achieve states of greater happiness, joy and purpose.
We don’t simply treat your symptoms – we find and eliminate their root cause. And in the process, we restore your health, increase energy and teach you the tools you need for a healthy, happy life. We utilize research-based functional medicine lab testing to identify root causes that have prevented you from being well.
Our Client process...
Detailed Case History
- Discovery session to uncover your health history.
- Accounts for past treatments and labs
- Designed to fully listen to your experience.
- We use a test not guess approach
- Labs order to identify root causes your symptoms.
Returning To wellness
- Research based, step by step approach
- Natural treatments, supplements, & nutrition
The Medicine With Heart Method
- An expert integration of functional medicine, psychology, meditation, and breathwork designed to heal your body, mind, and life.
Conditions We Work With...
Below you will find conditions we commonly treat in the Medicine With Heart clinic; for a more comprehensive list of conditions we commonly see including hormones and cognitive decline; click here.
Why Our Clinic Succeeds...
- Test don’t guess with functional labs
- Address the root cause(s) found on labs
- Research-based natural treatments
- Supplements, nutrition, and lifestyle plans
- Step by step approach with data and purpose
- The Medicine with Heart Method integrates the best from functional medicine, meditation, and behavior design
Our Approach To Gut Health
- We work with IBS, Chron’s, Ulcerative Colitis, and people who have not had success with multiple other treatment methods
- We test for and treat root causes like Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), parasite infections, h pylori, leaky gut, etc.
- We train other doctors about how to address difficult digestive issues due to our success
Lyme Disease & Lime Literate Doctors
- Our medical team is Lyme Literate
- We address Lyme and co-infections
- We also work on the immune system
- Lyme toxins are also addressed
- Mold toxin illness, mast cell activation, and autoimmune patterns are screened for
- We address other infections like gut issues that are more likely in those with Lyme
Mold Illness & CIRS
- Mold Illness involves a genetic issue where the body does not properly eliminate the toxins that mold secretes
- It can cause fibromyalgia, pain, headaches, dementia, chronic fatigue, brain fog, insomnia and so much more
- Mold illness is referred to as Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS) because the body & brain are inflamed.
- The root cause of autpoimmunity is a triad of genetics, a trigger to activate the genes, and leaky gut.
- Healing autoimmunity is a blend of dietary changes, reducing stress, and incorporating natural medicines and lifestyle changes to reorient the immune system to health.
- The environmental trigger that turns on autoimmunity can be stem from a viral or bacterial infection or result from stress, nutrient deficiency. toxin overload, and more.
Thyroid Issues & Chronic Fatigue
- Many people fatigue have been told their lab tests are normal, but still feel off
- Subclinical hypothyroidism is when the thyroid values are in the standard normal range, but not functioning optimally
- Causes of chronic fatigue can be unrelated to thyroid, but we test for many root causes
- We work to find the main causes and then address them systematically with research-based natural protocols.
Hear What Our Clients Are Saying...
Still not sure? Besides talking us directly, one of the best ways to get to know our clinic is through our client success stories! We love sharing them (and would love to share yours too!)
Take The First Step!
Schedule a FREE 30 minute discovery call to see how we can help you return to health, transform your life, and deepen your happiness.
Medicine With Heart Blog
Updated regularly with the cutting edge research and hot topics in functional medicine. Check back frequently to stay in the know. Find all of our blog articles here.
Are you interested in getting substances that are toxic to your body out of your life? Have you heard the word toxin, but do not […]
Why is it important to reset the body and mind with a yearly cleanse and a daily mindfulness practice?
Most of us recognize the value in a yearly vacation or retreat. We have a sense that we need a bit of time away from work, and want to focus on family, friends, and relaxation. Most countries have yearly vacation time as standard practices. We could say this is like detoxification for the mind.
How about for your body? What do you do on a yearly basis for your physical vehicle? On average, Americans tend to gain between 0.5 – 1.75 pounds per year, and most of this happens during holiday time (1). A National Nutrition and Examination Survey found that American adults between 25-44 years old gain weight at a yearly average of 3.4% in men and 5.2% in women (2).
Medicine With Heart
Let Your Journey Begin
If your complex, chronic health issues are holding you back from the life you love, we are here for you. Schedule a call with one of our practitioners to find out more about our client process and the services offered at our clinic. We know making changes is difficult, especially if you haven't had success in the past. Our team will be with you every step of the way on your journey back to health.